Wednesday, May 29, 2013

First Crossfit regionals in the books!

So many emotions during this past weekend, it's hard to put them into words. Proud of the competitors, thankful for the experience, sad that its over, and hopeful and hungry for next year.

Watching the athletes fight, push, and connect together was truly amazing. Each athlete hit my heart at some point. Chelsea Ross with her 2nd place finish in the chipper. She was so happy and I know it felt great for her to show everyone what she's capable of! Ingrid Kantola with her first place finish in the final event- crushed it!! She literally flew up those ropes! Lisa Bender-Thiel was outstanding the entire weekend. As a mother, I feel like I can say I really understand what she has done the last few months. Her motivation and perseverance is inspiring! New baby, no problem! Talk about juggling- mom, training, wife, work, friend, the list is endless for her!

Everyone on the team stood out and moved me in their own way. Mike Winchester and Jessica Estrada on the final lunges- honestly this is what it's all about. I was literally crying as they were crossing the finish line; teamwork, mental toughness, and overcoming the impossible. Whitney Welsh was the calm before the storm all weekend. She never showed any struggle, just a machine! Karen Pierce never ceases to amaze me with her strength- touch and go reps at 135 lbs, pretty damn impressive. And lastly, Jeremy Thiel and Brandon Mayernick- I've been watching those two for a month or so now, it's been quite a story watching their relationship and how JT has really taken Brandon in, shown him the ropes (haha) and helped him find his inner badass crossfitter. Watching this relationship grow and develop, to me, is what the Crossfit community is all about.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for your hard work, dedication, aw-inspiring efforts- in and out of the gym. It's an honor training with you all, and I hope to be out there on the floor with you next year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment