Friday, August 30, 2013

Top 10

In celebration of my year-ish anniversary here at CrossFit Central, I want to share some personal things I've learned throughout one of the most powerful years of my life. SO- here it is (Top 10 counting down Dave Letterman style):

10. Technology is my friend. I never utilized social media until this year and it has opened the door to so many new and fresh ways to communicate and to get my message across. #abouttime
9. I don't know all the answers. It's amazing the knowledge that surrounds you if you just ask.
8. I know the difference between Happy and Not Happy. Instead of blaming others or other situations for my negative emotions, I now know what makes me happy, what makes me sad, and how I can help myself in avoiding negative situations.
7. I am in control of my own self-worth. I spent the last 7 years having people in my life tell me this and that, and how to do this, and how I did this wrong, and don't do that, and you can't do this and that either.  Here, I've learned that I am capable of whatever I want to be capable of, and that I can add value to all situations being the person that I am.
6. Learning my Gem, and the Gem of others, has taught me to communicate in a whole new language. I am a Ruby (duh), and by this realization I can see how others see me and how to get my message across to a Pearl in a not-so-Ruby way.  It's important to understand that everyone has a different personality and perceives situations differently than me (and that's ok). 
5. I am fully committed to my health. Changing my lifestyle in the foods I eat, my fitness, and my overall well-being has directly affected all those that surround me in my daily life- kids, parents, husband, etc. It is music to my ears to hear James in the grocery store tell me that lunchables are bad for you and that he needs more protein for breakfast, and that Grandpa needs to start working out so he can be healthy.
4. Learn(ing) to serve others first. This is the most recent one for me, but helping others get what they want and move in the direction they want to go will coincide with my goals to share information with others and spread health, happiness, and wellness. Add value to others' lives will in turn add value to your own.
3. Change is hard. Change with another person is even harder.  Both of you changing at the same time- true test. Nuff said.
2. Have a family goal. Figuring out the why's of what we are doing is powerful and has changed my outlook on life. Answer this if you can (and do it seriously): If money were no object, and you knew you weren't going to fail, what would your life look like? Now go make it happen.
1. I am a mom. Most importantly, every time I try to set a goal, or answer questions about my future, or try and plan something it always comes back to my boys.  I finally understand- I am a mom. Raising 2 beautiful, wonderful children is and will be my biggest accomplishment. They are our future and they are the reason I am driven to set goals, achieve goals, and lay the foundation for their future. It is my duty to them to be a strong role model and positive influence for them. Making moves in my life goes hand in hand with the path I am creating for them. This is my WHY.

No comments:

Post a Comment